Sunday, February 7, 2016

Two birds in the garden

Long-tailed Shrike clinging on the terminal frond of the Carpentaria palm tree
Front garden
CU of Long-tailed Shrike
 My visit to Kuching will not be significant if I don't see the Long-tailed Shrike in the garden here.  I saw it clinging to the very tip of the terminal frond of the Carpentaria palm at the front garden just the other day.  So its presence in the garden is a confirmation that this species is indeed a Kuching bird.  I say this because I have not seen this bird in Bintulu, though I'm every ready for a surprise.  At the back garden it seemed customary for the Oriental Magpie-robin to wake me up early every morning.  Thus we are always served with  melodious musical notes from  morning to late afternoon.  I look forward to more sightings of other Kuching birds in the garden this visit.
A great songster - Oriental Magpie-robin

No comments: